Dog Training in Columbus
Need behavior training for your pet? Benchmark Pet Services can help.
We pride ourselves on our quiet, calm, and serene approach to dog training. Beginning at 12 weeks of age, your dog can be trained to learn basic obedience commands and useful behavior patterns that will make life as a part of your family even more comfortable and rewarding for both you and your pet. We can even help you select the best dog for your household based on your desires, and family’s lifestyle.
Every dog receives unique and individualized training based on his or her needs, social development, behavior patterns, aptitude for learning, specific breed characteristics, and your involvement in the training process. Our trainers will advise you on proper dog handling and training skills that you can continue to teach your pet when lessons are over.
Prior to checking in, your pets need certain vaccines.
Dogs need: DHLPP, Rabies, Bordetella
Cats need: FVRCP, Rabies, FELV
Training Packages We Offer
Private Customized Lessons- $45 per 1/2 hour or $60 per hour
- During these lessons our trainer will meet you at your home or at Benchmark Pet Services, Inc. You, your dog, and the trainer will work together on a customized training regimen.
Group Lessons- $100 per Course
- Group training is taught indoors at Benchmark’s facility with you and your dog on leash. Space is limited to 10 students and is held one day per week for a duration of 6 weeks (6 classes). Our trainer asks that the same owner/handler work with the dog each week. Throughout the 6 weeks, you and your dog will learn new commands. Both a Basic and an Advanced class is offered, and this will determine what commands will be taught. Our trainer will counsel you, the dog owner, on proper dog handling and training skills along with teaching your dog new commands. All commands are taught on-leash using motivation, praise, and light leash corrections. Along with learning new commands, your dog will quickly learn acceptable social skills in the group setting with our trainer facilitating the process.
Residency Program- $750 for 7-Day Training
- Our Residency Program is designed to have your dog boarded here at Benchmark Pet Services, Inc. while our trainer works with your dog on a daily basis. This program provides a minimum of one week of resident training in our facility, AND three 1-hour follow-up private lessons with the trainers. It works well for those who have a new puppy, need the training, but can’t start training due to a vacation or business travel. This is a time when your dog would be boarded anyway. One suggested program would be to check in Monday morning and check out Sunday evening or Monday morning.
Bringing Puppy Home
- Get off to a great start with your puppy by sitting down with our trainer to discuss the “Do’s and Don’ts of Puppy Rearing.” During a one hour session we will discuss all the supplies you need to prepare for bringing puppy home. We will also discuss puppy behavior and what it means, and share with you the basics of house breaking and initial puppy training. We charge $60 for this important training session. Why? Because we want your puppy to thrive and grow to be a confident and obedient member of your family. We strongly urge you to come back for a six week training class.
2018 Training Class Schedule
All classes meet on Tuesdays from 7:00pm-8:00pm
Call us at 614-454-4918 to schedule your free evaluation to determine what training option is best for your dog.
ALL TRAINING FEES ARE DUE ON OR BEFORE THE START DATE AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Custom Designed Facility
- Competitive pricing
- Convenient location
- Clean and Comfortable
- Accredited by the BBB
- Owner is a Certified Pet Care Technician